Belgian supermarket chain Delhaize saw its online orders increase by a quarter over the past six weeks, compared to last year’s year-end period. Last week, the retailer processed more than one million products ordered online in one week.
85 trucks per day
More and more shoppers prefer the particular convenience of ordering online to the end-of-year rush in shops, Delhaize reports. In the last six several weeks of this year, the retailer already recorded 112, 000 online purchases: 25 % more than during the same period last year. Last week, the e-commerce department broke another record: order pickers processed one million purchased products inside one 7 days.
From Delhaize’s e-commerce distribution centre, where more compared to 800, 000 products of more than 15, 000 unique product references are ready plus waiting, 85 delivery vans depart daily to deliver the orders. 70 percent of the purchases processed there are delivered at home, the remaining 30 % are usually picked up by customers in pick-up points in the stores.
Receive our free newsletters and do not miss out on the latest retail news.
Belgian grocery store chain Delhaize saw the online orders increase with a quarter in the last six days, in comparison to last year’s year-end period. Final week, the particular retailer prepared more compared to one mil products ordered online in a single week.